Tuesday 2 May 2017

Mini art journaling


I have *always* loved things in miniature, and art journaling is no exception! Art journaling on a small  scale is so much less intimidating than facing a large blank page. Often I make small journal pages in my mini Moleskine journal but if I am teaching this as a class I don't really want the same page twice in my journal, so that is how they ended up loose leaf, and placed in a little bag. 

I made the bag using a Tim Holtz die which is the perfect size for small art journal pages. Of course when you are working loose leaf the pages can really be any size but these are approximately 10.5 x 7cm, to give you an idea of size.

I taught this as a class at Art from the Heart (Harrogate, UK) at the weekend and first we painted a whole A4 page and then went to town with stencils and doodling, before cutting it up into smaller pages.

Circle Patterns stamp by Dina Wakley Media

Marks stamp by Natalie Kalbach
Image from magazine

Image from magazine

 Circle Patterns by Dina Wakley Media
Corncob stencil by Kasia Avery for Crafters Workshop

Mini layering stencil by Tim Holtz

I cut the bag out of regular card and then added a bit of gesso before some gorgeous bright colours.:

Paper Bag die by Tim Holtz for Sizzix
Mini Stitches stencil by Tando Creative

And I made a version in Kraft too:

So, how did the students do in class? Fabulous! Some beautiful, bright, colourful pages were made, and we got lots done too! Here, have a peek at what they got up to:








 Gorgeous aren't they?! Byee for now ........


14 comments:

  1. Loving these Kate ! A riot of colour !

    ReplyDelete
  2. both yours and your students work is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your classes look such fun, wish I was closer then the other side of the globe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is the first one I missed cos it was full. Gutted!! Shows how popular they are because I was top of the list for cancellations :) Love love love your mini art journals, very inspiring! I'm going to have a go just from these blog piccies. Yay! :) - Sian xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow that looks like so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great class and fun technique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, your work is beautiful, magical and inspiring!!
    I love your bright colors. They make me happy.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Love,Peace and Magic ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. KATE, CAN YOUR MINI PAGES BE PURCHASED?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, sometimes! If I have work to sell I list it in my etsy shop.

      Delete
  9. Wish I can do that, mine always comes out like poop lll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Ping, I have a lot of classes and tutorials here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheKathrynWheel?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment!